Thursday, July 22, 2004

Happy~

Lalalal~ I'm feeling all cheery and chirpy now cos I just spent ten dollars of my allowance on canned food. Why? Tt's cos my sch is doing some service learning thingy whereby we help people by doing them a service. Anyway, they were calling for canned food donations cos apparently only 9 cans have been donated by students so far. Tt's so sad.. but considering most of the students go to sch by bus.. It's insane to carry like, five cans in your bag..
So anyway, I didn't bring any today cos I forgot all about it. I remembered this time!(of cos, it helped tt someone msged me to bring canned food.. not sure who.. yanyin? renita? one of the students who's doing the canned food donation thingy.. ) So I went to NTUC at like 9.15pm, worried tt it was closing.. but sheesh.. there were still people browsing the aisles.. Wandered the aisles, frantically searching for the canned food section.. When I found it, the next thing was, "What do I buy?" hahaha.. My sch needs abt 600 cans so i decided to buy small cans... No1, easier to pack, No2, fits my budget more. So I picked out 4 cans of mushrooms and 4 cans of condensed milk.. I mean, tt's what people usually buy for donations rite? I was thinking of getting rice, but they said canned food.. so rice is out.. It's probably out of my budget range anywae.. I wanted to get luncheon meat but i didn't noe how to check the expiring date.. The print was so blurry and with the layer of dust on the top of the can, I wasn't sure if it was wise to buy tt.. Thought of canned sausages next but one can was like *gasp* $3! Hahaha.. So in the end, I got 3 cans of baked beans. 
Came home, dug around in the cupboard for a few cans of campbell soup and a few cans of fruit. But, the plastic bag in the my mum's car makes me happiest the most! Call me childish, call me immature, but if I'm happy helping others, let me be. Generousity should come from the heart. That's also one reason why i don't like the NKF performances tt much, besides the fact that the stunts are always too dangerous. If people want to give, they will, no matter how difficult the times are.

As for me, I give because I can.