Saturday, July 24, 2004

Fate is interesting..

Often have I wondered what life would have been like if it weren't for fate.
What if...
I had not approached Amanda in Primary one orientation and asked her to be my partner? Would we have been so close like today? After all, we were in the same class from primary one to six. Would we have been able to maintain our friendship and tell everyone that we have known each other for eleven years?
What if..
My dad had listened to my mum and bought a house in Dover Road? Would I have gone to Fairfield Primary instead of Swiss Cottage Primary? Would I have missed out on knowing all my present primary sch friends? Missed out on knowing such great people? Or would I have known equally nice people like Gloria?
What if...
I had not listened to my parents and had put MGS instead of SCGS as my first choice sch in Primary six? Would I have missed out knowing fantastic people like Rui Zhi, Kai Jun, Alicia and Siow Chien? Or people like Julie, Eliza, Agnes, Wei Zhen...? Or would I have been closer to Jojo in MGS or have even known Shu Yun in Secondary sch?
What if...
I had not gone to the cruise in Sec one and had gone for my guides orientation? After all, I did make it through the guide interview (There were too many people who wanted to be a guide.)Would I have made some great friends in guides? Gone to the NDP for marching? Gotten an A for my CCA record?
What if...
I had not joined squash because Mrs Kee asked everyone without a CCA to join squash? Would I have been so close to Rui Zhi? Would I have eventually picked up the sport by some other way?
What if...
I had not thought that Siyu's irc nick-GAO was odd and clicked on his name to talk to him. Would I have known him by some other way? Would I have written to him?
What if...
I hadn't gone to Taiwan and known Yiwei and Yue Qing? Would I have hoped to have gone to NJC instead of SAJC? Would I have missed out on knowing all my great friends and my great first three months classmates? Neppy Nep Nep Nep, Justin-jiejie, bailu - xiao evil, julia, wanjing.. Or would i have found out earlier who my 'cousin' was in NJ?
What if...
I had joined Interact instead of Mentoring? Would I have missed out on knowing all the mentoring people? Chengwen, Inez, Linda, Dzung, Yanyin, Joan... Would I have gotten to know all the cute mentees? Would I have be made Ex-co?

Life is a endless flow of what ifs. How much you get out of life is a reflection of what you make the most out of it.

Some interesting points of quotes to ponder..

"My fate cannot be mastered; it can only be collaborated with and thereby, to some extent, directed. Nor am I the captain of my soul; I am only its noisiest passenger."
-Aldous Huxley

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude."
-Charles Revson

"What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate."
-Donald Trump

"There is but one philosophy and its name is fortitude! To bear is to conquer our fate."
-Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny.
-Harry S. Truman