Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The power of words and language...

I always end up distracting myself during exam time with stuff like this..

Why is it always exam time when I have the inspiration and urge to write?

Hard copy and pencil, paper and pen always works~ It's a lot fun to jot down random sentences and phrases.. They don't always link so sometimes they sound a bit disjointed. People sometimes think it's easy to write. Sure.. writing is easy.. just throw together a whole bunch of words seperated by commas and periods. But writing a story.. ahhh.. that's where the difficulty is.. You have to make the story flow, envision the scene and most of all, make sure that people can relate to it.

I like to create images through words. Many people have told me that I have a vivid imagination, too vivid sometimes. Heh.. That's where my problem is. I can only write short scenes, drabbles, but not stories.. Maybe that's why people always say that I'm random.. Hahahaa.. oh well... :))

Maybe I'll endeavour to write something in the future.

Till then, all of you are stuck with my little itsy bitsy prose and poetry. HA.

The power of language has long been noted:
"The pen is mightier than the sword" Edward Bulwer-Lytton