Saturday, June 04, 2005

MULTI-TASKING TEENS ST 04/06/05

1. Out of an ST poll of 50 teens, more than half spend more than 3 hrs a day on the Internet.
ME: Ok.. I so totally spend more than 3 hrs online.. To give an estimate, 5 -7 hours would be more likely. This varies according to the time I wake up in the morning and whether I go out.

2. Two-thirds multitask when they are online.
ME: Okok.. Me..

3. 8 out of 10 chat with more then one person at a time when they are online.
ME: Currently, chatting to Yuan Chun and Joshua online.. It's the weekend, guys are let out from their imprisonment otherwise known as NS.

4. More than half will not wait for more than one min for a page they click to load.
ME: Sure, i wait for more than a min. I get annoyed so I open more windows and just carry on with other stuff first.

5. Three-quarters normally do something esle while waiting for their PC to boot up.
ME: Ok.. I'm guilty of this. I wake up, switch on my comp before anything esle, go brush my teeth and have breakfast, then rtn to my comp.

Singapore Poly students surveyed 800 youths aged 15 - 29 and found than three-quarters multitask online.

7. 96 percent use the net to search for info and send e-mail.
ME: Like duh! That's wat the internet's for rite?

8. Two-thirds were instant messenging.
ME: Scroll up and look above.

9. 55 percent visited chat rooms and online forums.
ME: I don't visit chat rooms now.. but as for online forums, there's Absolute Baka and 6G. Occasionally I enter hardwarezone and sganime

10. 15.6 percent kept blogs.
ME: Yepyep. this started before prelims last year I think..

To give an insight as to how much I multitask? I chat online at the same time when I check out online forums and dl vids and read fanfiction. Or search for fanfiction. On average, I open about 4 IE windows online.
Or when I'm just reading fanfic. There will be two windows open, One for readinf fanfic, one for searching for more fanfics.

Apparently, I'm just one in hundreds who multitask online. Has multitasking become a generation thing? How many of you guys out there multitask as well?
Has multi tasking shortened attention spans?
You think.
You decide.

By the way, while typing this, I was checking glimpses of the tv screen whenever I hear something of interest as my dad watches tv. Also, I was msging Nep on my hp..