Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Books

Ok.. I shall talk about some of my favourite books so anyone who loves reading can go check them out too...
They are in no order of merit.. *grinz*

1)Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Lovely book.. first few books to make me cry.. I've read it only once because 1)It makes me cry 2)It's a really long book.. I need time to savour it... :]

2)Cat and mouse by James Patterson
Engaging story that draws you right into the plot. Thrilling police and thief chase. Brilliant mastery of the criminal and police psyche (did i spell tt rite?) A definite must-read!

3)Roses are red by James Patterson
Another brilliant book about Detective Alex Cross and his search for his nemesis. Ok.. Some of his books are a bit explicit in the murder scenes.. take some time to get used to it.. Consider yourself warned.

4)The Search by Iris Johansen
I love this book! I read the first two of this series(not really a series lahz, but the characters are linked) and the character Sarah was introduced in the second book. There was a little interaction between Sarah and Logan in the second book called The Final Target. So for those who have time, it's The Face of Deception, then The Final Target, and The Search. Sort of cop and thief thriller to simplify matters.

5)Certain Prey by John Sanford-I think tt's the author
Haha.. There's a gay policeman in here who cracks me up. He tries to explain how gay men look at this differently to his female partner only to have his female partner say tt it's a load of bullshit.. Muahaha.. okok.. tt's not the story. It's about this women who hires a female hitwoman to kill off the wife of her lover. Basically, something happens and the hitwoman is like sort of exposed so she has to get away from the police and the chase is on! I don't do the story justice. Police and thief again! :]

6)Taipan by James Clavell
I've only read this once because it's pretty thick too. I found the flowery language slightly draggy but i still enjoyed the story. Hahah.. I need to find another time to read through it thoroughly. It's like about an English man who enters Hong Kong to make himself Taipan - king/boss. It's an interesting mix of east and west.

7)Open Season by Linda Howard
Romance! Hahah.. It's about this woman deciding to take charge of her life and finally get a boyfriend. Throw in a chief of police who annoys her to death and ta-ta, you get a hilarious story of how they'll end up together

8)How to trap a Tycoon by Elizabeth Bevarly
I bought this for fun. Turns out the story is pretty good. Ok, I ended up focusing more on the minor characters.. Hahah.. I like the little side love story happening between the minor characters watz.. it's funny! Ok.. it's fun to read. Nothing that you can seriousy use to trap a tycoon tho.. :]

Tt's all for now.. I have yet to read the Da Vinci Code but i've been told that it's very good. For now, lack of time and cash limits my reading